The Center for HBCU Research, Leadership, and Policy at Howard University will be committed to building a community of HBCU and HBCU-allied researchers whose scholarship informs higher education leadership, policy, and practice.
The Center’s goals include:
1. Conducting, sponsoring, and disseminating interdisciplinary empirical studies focused on generating findings of particular significance to HBCUs;
2. Developing policy position papers, based upon the conduct of empirical studies, that would help frame a supportive narrative regarding HBCUs, and acknowledge the instrumental work being done by the HBCU educational sector;
3. Creating formal collaborative initiatives among institutions based on shared priorities, strategic goals, and commitment to the success of HBCUs;
4. Offering revenue-generating credit and non-credit leadership development programs to current and aspirant HBCU administrators and faculty; and
5. Providing expert consultation to HBCUs in critical areas (i.e., accreditation, fundraising, student success, academic planning, enrollment management, etc.)