CETLA Fellows are faculty members who apply and are selected to serve as liaisons between their respective Colleges and Schools, the greater Howard University community and beyond. The CETLA Fellow appointment is primarily a service appointment. This is a 2-year appointment/commitment with potential to be renewed.
This fellowship opportunity provides a home base for faculty to further their teaching, scholarship and service while simultaneously supporting CETLA’s vision to attract and sustain faculty who are equipped with best and promising practices in teaching, learning and assessment, creating exceptional learning environments and experiences.
Eligibility Requirements: Holds a Tenured or Master Instructor Faculty Appointment.
The CETLA Fellows will fulfill their appointments by creating rich scholar communities through the following:
- Address emerging issues in teaching or scholarship that has the potential to benefit a broad range of faculty across disciplines.
- Develop actionable insights using best practices or evidence-based approaches and serve as a resource for colleagues who need support in their work.
- Provide content and/or presentations for CETLA’s signature programs/offerings (i.e., CETLA’s Let’s Talk, CETLA’s Summer Lecture Series, Learning Management System Essentials Course, etc.)
- Advise CETLA on faculty needs, concerns, and opportunities.
- Work on special projects and initiatives, including assessment practices, digital learning tools, emerging topics related to teaching and learning, learning facilitation, and instructional strategies.
CETLA FELLOW INCENTIVES: Advertisement for programs, Assistance with coordinating CETLA Fellow initiatives/events, Access to specific professional development opportunities, Conference registration assistance (budget dependent), Service release (School/College dependent).